Chris and I are very excited to announce the opening of the NADAC Training group!
We’ve got a BUNCH of new features to start rolling out!
I’ll list them here with a little explanation of each one.
1) 2015 Top ten standings are now able to be viewed on the nadac.comsite under the Titles and Awards tab.
This isn’t too exciting since that list has been out for awhile, but the exciting part is that the 2016 Top Ten will be able to go straight to the website and not the forum. Making it a LOT easier to access for everyone. Also with the new page you can search for your dogs name and see where they placed in all the different groups 🙂
2) Hall of Fame updated.
Also now able to view under the Titles and Awards tab.
We did change the layout a bit. It’s not as fancy as before, but the feedback we were getting was that it was so bandwidth heavy that people had a hard time viewing it anyway. So it wasn’t really pretty if you didn’t have a high speed connection. So we sacrificed a little vanity to make it easier to view for everyone.
Another extra bonus is that I can update this one MUCH easier than the old one. So I will be able to get any pictures updated and new entries to the Hall of Fame updated monthly rather than every 6 months.
3) 2015 Team winners now have their own page.
It’s listed under the hall of fame tab on the dropdown.
4) 2016 Team standings can now be viewed online!
The team stuff we’re talking about if you aren’t aware is a competition you can sign up for where you and two other team mates would be competing all year long in three different divisions. Those divisions are shown on the new page which can also be found under Titles and Awards.
5) Awards list.
We now have a full list of all awards you can earn in NADAC and what is needed to earn them! It also includes a little section on Titles and Title abbreviations to help out the new folks who might now understand it too well 🙂
6) Updated Title Checklist.
It has now been updated to include all the current NADAC classes.
7) Video runs tab is now on the NADAC.com site. Along with a link to the forum.
8) Also in case anyone missed it the address for the forum has changed to: nadac.com/forum
That should be it, I may have forgotten a couple things as I have been working on all of this the past couple months and my mind is a little crazy right now!
If you notice anything wrong with any of the updates I have listed above please email us at Support@nadac.com so we can get it fixed.
We hope you all enjoy the new options and we’ll see you at a trial near you!
We are happy to announce a new feature on the NADAC Calendar page, exhibitors will now be able to download premiums directly from the NADAC Calendar at: http://www.nadac.com/trial-calendar.htm
Many thanks to Chris who has been working hard to get this feature added!
The 2017 NADAC Championships
(Springfield,Illinois. Dates: Sept 28th – Oct 1st)
Regular Agility, Elite level, Proficient/Skilled: at least 200 points must have been earned in the dog’s lifetime. These points may have come from any/all classes offered in NADAC, with the following requirements:
1. At least 100 points must have been earned be earned in the current year from the Regular Agility class at the Open or Elite level.
2. At least 20 points must have been earned in the current year,at the Open or Elite level,in both Jumpers and Chances.
3. At least 20 points must have been earned in the current year at any level in X-Hoopers.
4. If a dog is over 7 on August 1, 2017, then they MUST enter the Veterans division. If a dog is over 10 on the first day of the Championships, then they will be entered into the Double Digit division.
1. At least 100 points must have been earned be earned in the current year from the Regular Agility class. A dog entered in Pre-Elite cannot have earned more than 100 points in Elite Regular in their lifetime up to September 15, 2017. If a dog earns more than 100 points in Elite Regular, then their entry will be switched to the Elite level.
2. If a dog is over 7 on August 1, 2017, then they MUST enter the Veterans division. If a dog is over 10 on the first day of the Championships, then they will be entered into the Double Digit division.Veterans may or may not be split into a different division in Pre-Elite, depending upon entry numbers. If not split, then all dogs jumping at the same height will be scored together.
3. 3. At least 20 points must have been earned in the current year at any level in X-Hoopers.
1. For entry into the Starter Stakes division the dog must have earned at least two 15 point distance challenge qualifiers, or one Regular bonus in the current year.
2. For entry into the Silver Stakes division the dog must have earned a minimum of 75 bonus points with at least one 20 point bonus/distance challenge in Regular OR two 15 point bonuses/distance challenges in Regular in the current year.
3. For entry into the SuperStakes division the dog must have earned a minimum of 120 bonus points with a minimum of two 25+ point bonuses in Regular in the current year with both of those being with a run index of over 100.
4. For each run of Regular Agility, there could be several bonus areas set on each course, for which the dog will earn points for successful sequences performed at a distance that will count towards his overall Stakes points for the entire competition week. The degree of distance will change with each level. The dogs will be allowed to jump at the same jump height as they are on a regular weekend trial, including any height reductions for Veterans, and Jr, Handlers. Dogs will be placed with all dogs in their Standard division jump height.
5. The distance requirements for the bonus areas could be greater than the distance tests on regular trial weekends. This class will highlight the dog/handler team’s ability to do exceptional distance handling skills and obstacle performance skills.
All information about the NADAC Championships can be found at: http://www.nadac.com/Championships.htm
Below is the August Exercise of the Month
Designed by Amanda Nelson
Below is the June Exercise of the Month! Stay tuned for the July exercise coming out in just a couple weeks!